FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? EXPLORE THRIVING COMPUTER SCIENCE CAREERS AT THE DARE 2B DIGITAL CONFERENCE FEB. 11TH
Silicon Valley tech leaders and educators close the career gender gap in computing technologies by inspiring 7th to 10th grade students to dream big
SAN CARLOS, Calif., Feb. 1, 2012 – Join the next generation of Bay Area entrepreneurs and technologists Saturday, February 11, 2012 at the third-annual Dare 2B Digital Conference, the premier hands-on learning event for girls ages 13-16 in middle and high school, plus their parents and mentors. Attend inspirational keynote sessions, workshops, demonstrations and discussion panels with computing experts at the eBay campus, San Jose, Calif. Register at http://www.dare2bdigitalconference.com.
Dare 2B Digital is presented by Invent Your Future Enterprises in partnership with eBay, Oracle, Brocade Communications, Cisco, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Mozilla, SAP Labs, Symantec, Cadence, NetApp, Techbridge, the Computer Science Teachers Association, the National Center for Women & Information Technology and the National Girls collaborative Project.
- Richelle Parham, Chief Marketing Officer, NA Marketplaces, eBay – As vice president and chief marketing officer of eBay North America, Richelle Parham brings deep expertise and nearly 20 years of passion for improving the ways customers interact with leading brands to eBay.
- Sheila B. Jordan, Senior Vice President, Communication and Collaboration IT, Cisco – Since joining Cisco in 2005, Sheila has assumed increasing leadership responsibilities within the IT organization and was promoted to her current position in November 2011. Sheila is responsible for delivering and integrating key IT services that touch Cisco’s global workforce. Her goal is to drive productivity and a superior, holistic end-user experience for all employees through an integrated architectural approach. She oversees a worldwide team of more than 500 IT professionals.
- Staci Lyons is Vice President of Global Business Development for Oracle’s Cloud Services business. Her focus is on assisting Oracle’s largest global clients to realize the value of Software as a Service. Prior to joining Oracle in 2006, Ms. Lyons was Worldwide Vice President, Application Management Services with Siebel Systems.
- Creative workshops led by industry experts: Robotics, Learning to Program, Interactive Human Networking Game, Digital Communication Skills
- Power-packed parents workshops on Facebook for Parents, Online Safety, Hands on Activities to Engage Students at Home
- Plus…Meet-a-Technologist lunch, and more!
“We see an enormous opportunity for women to foster innovation and competitive advantage worldwide by contributing in far greater numbers across technology occupations,” said Ruth Stergiou, founder and CEO, Invent Your Future. “It’s exciting to collaborate with top Bay Area companies and inspire young girls to learn and achieve their dreams at an event that celebrates the Silicon Valley’s spirit of innovation.”
For more information visit www.dare2bdigitalConference.com. Follow us on Twitter @dare2bdigital and join the discussion using #D2BD12.
How to Register
The conference is designed for young women in 7th to 10th grades from Bay area schools, accompanied by their parents and mentors.
Space is limited. Lunch and door prizes included. Register at www.dare2bdigitalConference.com or call 408-554-4249.
Contact email@example.com or call 650-592-9227.
PR services for Dare 2B Digital sponsored by Rustin Communications.
About Invent Your Future
Invent Your Future Enterprises is a professional development company that specializes in the retention, development and acceleration of women leaders. Based on extensive research on the training needs of corporate managers and high potential leaders, the company offers talent development programs, skill-building events and organizational consulting. For more information, visit www.inventyourfuture.com.
# # #